www.princetontec.co.uk is a site operated by Whitby & Company (UK) Ltd (“we”, “us”) who are the importer and distributor of Princeton Tec in the United Kingdom. We are registered in England (Company No: 1351816) and our registered office is Aynam Mills, Canal Head North, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7BY. This is the trading address and any queries or enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
These terms and conditions apply to all sales made to you via this website.
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- You have accepted these terms and conditions
1) Representation of Products
We reserve the right to alter, without notice, the range of products, prices of products and terms and conditions of sale before you place an order. We reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale without notice.
2) Our Contract with you
Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product or products advertised by us. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an Order Acknowledgement email that confirms that the product(s) are in stock and are being picked for dispatch. The contract between you and us (the “Contract”) is only formed when we send you the Order Acknowledgement*
*Orders that are received after 2.00pm will not be processed/accepted until the following working day.
The contract will relate only to those products we have confirmed in the Order Acknowledgement email. If we decide not to accept all or part of your order, we will not be obliged to supply any other products which may have been part of your order and will instead arrange a full refund for that element of your order.
We will not accept any orders for delivery to Eire or any other address outside of the UK.
3) Consumer Rights
If you are contracting as a consumer, you may, subject to the terms of our Returns Policy set out below, cancel a Contract at any time within 14 working days, beginning on the day you receive the product(s). In this case you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the product(s) in accordance with our Refunds Policy.
To cancel a contract you must email us immediately. You must also return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) whilst they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have right of action against you for compensation.
4) Returns Policy
You may, within 14 working days of receipt of your order, return any item in its unused, original condition for a full refund. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the product(s) in accordance with our Refund Policy set out below.
If you wish to return items, you must email us immediately. You must also return the products to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. If you are returning a product to us, you are responsible for paying for the return of the goods and its safe delivery and have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) whilst they are in your possession. We therefore recommend using a tracked, insured shipping method. If you fail to comply with this obligation we may have right of action against you for compensation.
Products should be returned to the following address and include the Returns Form or written details of the reason for return:
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd (Princeton Tec Warranty)
Canal Head North
If you are returning the product because it is defective please return it to us, along with the Warranty Returns Form or a covering letter. The covering letter should include the following:
- Your name and address
- Mobile telephone number
- Email Address
- Place and date of purchase
- Details of the defect.
When returning the product, please ensure that is securely packaged. We advise to send it via a secure method (i.e. Royal Mail Special Delivery or MyHermes) as we cannot be held responsible for products that do not reach us.
Upon receipt we will examine the returned product and either repair or replace the product under warranty if a fault is found.
Defective products should be returned to the following address and include written details of the reason for return;
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd (Princeton Tec Warranty)
Canal Head North
6) Refund Policy
If you return items within the period mentioned and in accordance with the terms of our Returns Policy, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of receiving the returned items. In this case, we will refund the price of the product in full, including a refund of the original delivery charges charged to you (if any such charge was made). However, you will be responsible for returning the item(s) to us in its original condition and all postal costs or other costs incurred when returning the product(s).
7) Prices and Payment
Prices are correct at the time of entering the information onto the website. We reserve the right to amend prices without notice from time to time.
The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered. All prices are charged in British Pounds (GBP) and are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
Full payment must be made at the time your order is placed, by credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Visa Debit and MasterCard. In the event of non-authorisation of payment by your card issuer you will receive an on screen notification and your order will not be processed.
When processing online payments, we make every effort to maintain customer confidentiality by encrypting your credit card and debit card information, such as account numbers, to ensure that your payment transaction is processed securely.
By completing the process for an online order you are confirming that the credit/debit card being used for the transaction(s) is yours.
All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to, or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Receipt of orders
- Orders received before 1.30pm on a working day will be processed and dispatched the same day.
- Orders received after 1.30pm will be processed the following working day.
- Orders received on weekends and bank holidays will be processed on the next working day.
- Delivery time will begin as soon as your order leaves our warehouse.
FREE Delivery Over £30.00
We offer FREE standard delivery to the UK only on orders over £30.00. Orders must contain £30.00 of physical products.
Standard 48 hour tracked delivery £2.95
Delivery will be made by Royal Mail Tracked 48 . You will be sent tracking information via email for all tracked UK orders
Royal Mail aims to deliver your parcel in 2 to 3 working days (subject to any events that are beyond our reasonable control). Orders to more remote areas of the UK, such as Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland etc. may take a day or two longer due to their geographical location
Deliveries can only be made to the UK. We are unable to accept any order for delivery to Eire or any other address outside of the UK.
24 hour tracked delivery £4.95
- Delivery will be made by Royal Mail Tracked 24 . You will be sent tracking information via email for all tracked UK orders
- Royal Mail aims to deliver your parcel the next working day (subject to any events that are beyond our reasonable control). Orders to more remote areas of the UK, such as Highlands, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland etc. may take longer due to their geographical location
- Deliveries can only be made to the UK. We are unable to accept any order for delivery to Eire or any other address outside of the UK.
We will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performance of any of our obligations under a contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. We will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you if such an event occurs.
Events outside of our control include:-
- Strikes, malicious injury, lock out or other industrial action
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence or other natural disaster
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport
9) Intellectual property
No permission is given by us in respect of the reproduction or use for commercial or detrimental purposes of the Princeton Tec brand name, product names, designs and other material shown on or connected with our website for which we hold intellectual property rights.
10) Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and all parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you have any queries or complaints please contact us at the following address:
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd
Canal Head North
Alternatively, please email email@example.com
11) Limitation of liability
We shall not be liable to pay any compensation to you. In particular, but without limitation, we shall not be liable to you for loss of profit, damage to goodwill, any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any damage, defect, negligence or other failing on our part unless:
(i) you have expressly made us aware in writing of the nature and extent of the loss or damage which you may suffer in such situation; and (ii) we have expressly confirmed in writing that we accept liability for such matters.
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement or any other duty owed to you (if any) is strictly limited to the purchase price of the product.
Nothing in these terms shall limit any rights you may have as a customer which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall it exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
12) Security Policy
We take your online security very seriously. All Credit card and Debit card numbers are encrypted before an order is processed and are not stored on our database.
We will comply with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 to ensure that your personal information is processed fairly and lawfully and we will take appropriate precautions to keep your personal data secure.
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:-
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys / offers
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. We will always provide an “opt out” option should you decide that you do not wish to receive these emails.
- We may, from time to time, contact you by email, telephone, fax or mail for market research purposes.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure
- Any information you provide us will be protected at all times
A cookie, also known as HTTP cookie, web cookie or browser cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information:-
You may choose to restrict the collection and use of your personal information in the following ways;
- If you do not want us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, please let us know by writing to us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting
- You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd, Aynam Mills, Canal Head North, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7BY
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at email@example.com. We will correct any information that is found to be incorrect.